Friday, May 6, 2011

Possible Thievery

I returned today from FNM defeated. I lost 2-1 to a Vengevine deck in the make-it-or-break-it round. I had him at 3 poison counters, with a Livewire'd Corrupter on the field, and he drops an Eldrazi Monument on his turn, attacking for 15 flying with me at 13 life. My next draw would have been a Distortion Strike, combined with the Prey's Vengeance  in my hand, it would have been 11 more infect damage. So close...

But that's not the worst thing that happened...

When I got home I went about breaking down my deck. I counted through my cards and stopped suddenly. Where was my 4th Misty Rainforest? I went through my sideboard. Not there. I flipped back through my deck. Not there.

Uh oh.

It's possible that when I had sacrificed one during one of my games, it had somehow been knocked to the floor. But I would like to think I would have noticed that. I didn't let any strangers flip through my deck, and all the people I played tonight were regulars at the shop.

Crap....

I went back out to my car, and started moving the floor mats around, looking under the seats, checked the glove box and everything else. Nada. I did find 2 empty sleeves and a piece of gum though.

I would very much like to hope that nobody intentionally stole it from me. FNMs are about having fun and playing magic, the people that come to the local shop are all regulars and 90% of them are there every single week. I just have no idea where it could have ran off to.

Oh well, it's not the end of the world. Yes, Misty Rainforest is the most expensive card in my deck at around $10 each. But I've easily made 4 times that just from winning FNMs with this deck. I just finished placing an order online for a replacement as nobody local has any to trade, and it should be here well before next Friday when the deck will be piloted again.

No comments:

Post a Comment