Monday, June 6, 2011

Green Infect in the Wild

So yesterday we brewed, today we set it out into the wild.

I received a few suggestions on things to tweak in the list. 8 Equipments is a bit much for only having 12 creatures (16 if you count Inkmoth). I've cut that down to half. I also slightly decreased my land count down to 22 total. This freed up several slots:

Deck  
Land - 22
Inkmoth Nexus
Misty Rainforest
Verdant Catacombs
10 Forest

Creatures - 12
Glistener Elf
Ichorclaw Myr
Necropede

Pump - 12
Groundswell
Vines of Vastwood
Mutagenic Growth
Dig - 5
Ancient Stirrings
Tezzeret's Gambit

Removal - 3
Beast Within

Equipment - 6
Livewire Lash
Adventuring Gear
Sideboard:
Spellskite
Apostle's Blessing
Nature's Claim
Viridian Corrupter



I also swapped out the Dismember in the sideboard for Spellskite. Spellskite greatly helps our aggro match ups, a place that we are lacking.

Now, let's do some matches.

Match 1: Boros


Game 1:
I win the roll, and start things off with a Forest and Glistener Elf. My opponent matches with a Plains and a Steppe Lynx. I draw and miss my land drop. One of the hazards of running 22 lands. I attack with the Elf, and my opponent offers no blocks. I pop a Mutagenic Growth on the Elf to start things off right. My opponent drops an Arid Mesa, and fetches a mountain, pumping the Lynx to 4/5 and then plays a Goblin Guide, attacking with both. I reveal a Verdant Catacombs and am thankful for it. I play my Catacomb and search up a Forest immediately. I attack in with the Elf and drop 2 Groundswells on him. Off to game 2.

I side out my Tezzeret's Gambits and put Spellskite in.

Game 2:
My opponent plays a Plains and a Steppe Lynx, passing the turn. I draw, play a forest, and pass. Reminiscent of last match an Arid Mesa comes in, followed by a Mountain, followed by Goblin Guide. I'm down to 14, my top card is a Vines of Vastwood. I play an Inkmoth Nexus, and play an Ichorclaw Myr. My opponent untaps and plays a Terramorphic Expanse, and immediately fetches up a tapped Mountain. He taps his remaining Mountain and Lightning Bolts my Myr, then attacks for 6. I reveal a Misty Rainforest and put it into my hand. I play the Rainforest, and tap a forest for Ancient Stirrings, I pull out an Ichorclaw Myr, search up a Forest with my Rainforest, and play the Myr. My opponent untaps, plays another fetch land, bolts my Myr and attacks, taking me to 1. My topcard is an Adventuring Gear and I scoop.

Game 3:
I choose to play first, and start off with a Forest and Ancient Stirrings, grabbing an Inkmoth. My opponent plays an Arid Mesa and passes. I play my Inkmoth, and tap both lands, playing 2 Adventuring Gears. My opponent draws, plays a Mountain, searches up a Plains and plays Stoneforge Mystic, grabbing a Batterskull. I untap, draw, and play an Ichorclaw Myr, with no land drop. My opponent draws, plays a Goblin Guide and attacks in with it revealing a Misty Rainforest, which I put into my hand. I block with the Myr, and play a Mutagenic Growth, killing the Guide, he plays another Plains and passes. I tap Inkmoth to move Adventuring Gear onto the Myr, then play my Misty Rainforest, and attack with the Myr. My opponent chumps with the Stoneforge, and taps it down to cheat in Batterskull. I use my Rainforest up and tap out to play a Necropede. My opponent untaps, and attacks with Batterskull, I throw the Necropede in front of it, taking the Germ down to 2/2. He then plays an Arid Mesa, grabbing a Plains, and puts down a Mirran Crusader.

I turn my Inkmoth into a creature, and move an Adventuring Gear over onto it, then play a Forest. I attack with the Inkmoth and the Myr. My opponent blocks the Myr with the Germ, and then throws a Lightning Bolt at it with me still having an untapped Forest. The Forest plays a Groundswell, and my opponent finally has poison counters. 7 of them. My opponent plays his 5th land, and moves Batterskull onto the Crusader, attacking for 12. I fall to 5 life, but my opponent is tapped out, and I have an Inkmoth, a land or a pump spell wins the game for me. I untap and draw a Forest, activating Inkmoth I put both Adventuring Gears onto it, then play the Forest and attack for the win.

Match 2: U/G Tempo Ramp


Game 1:
My opponent wins the roll and plays first, putting down a Joraga Treespeaker off of a Forest. I play a Forest and drop in Adventuring Gear. My opponent plays an Island, levels the Elf, and taps it to play an Overgrown Battlement. I throw down a Verdant Catacomb, and sac it, playing a Necropede. He plays a Misty Rainforest, searching up an Island, then taps 2 Islands and Joraga for Jace, the Mind Sculptor. He uses Jace to bounce my Necropede, and then plays another Joraga Treespeaker.

I untap, and play an Ancient Stirrings looking for a land and find an Inkmoth Nexus. I tap out to put Necropede back out, maybe my opponent will kill his Jace off bouncing a 1/1. My opponent untaps, and uses Jace to Brainstorm. He then taps one Joraga to level up the other, and then uses that one to play a Wall of Tanglecord. I untap, and attack with Necropede, the Wall of Tanglecord harmlessly blocking it. I take a huge gamble and Beast Within his Jace, he has no counterspells, and his Jace is suddenly a 3/3 Beast token. He untaps, plays a land, and attacks with his Beast token.

I untap, and attempt to move Adventuring Gear onto my Necropede, my opponent plays a Beast Within of his own, and I'm about to tap a Forest for a Vines when he points to the Adventuring Gear. Ok, now we have matching beasts. I attack with the Necropede again, and now Tanglecord is a 0/4. I tap my last 2 lands for Livewire Lash. My opponent untaps, plays a Tectonic Edge, and destroys my Inkmoth with it, and ends his turn. I untap, and tap 2 Forests to move Livewire onto the Necropede. I declare attack, and my opponen blocks with a single Joraga. I play a Groundswell on Necropede, and use the 2 bounced damage to kill the other Joraga. My opponent untaps, plays a land, and passes.

I draw a Misty Rainforest, finally getting back up to 4 lands. I send off the Rainforest and then attack with the Necropede. This time the Beast Token blocks. I tap 2 Forests and use a Vines, pumping the Necropede out of range, and directing 2 poison at my opponent's face. My opponent untaps, draws and then concedes, showing me a hand with 3 more land in it.

I side out my Tezzeret's Gambits, and put Nature's Claim in.

Game 2:
My opponent plays first and puts a Forest into play. I play a Forest and Glistener Elf. He untaps, plays a Halimar Depths and a Joraga Treespeaker, and gives me the turn back. I draw a Verdant Catacombs and play it, sending it off for a Forest. I declare attackers, and he declines to block. I drop 2 Groundswells and a Mutagenic Growth to the field. My opponent groans, and shows me the Dismember in hand.



I also played a 3rd matchagainst a mono-red deck. The first game he had to Mulligan down to 5 cards on the play. I didn't play a creature until turn 3, keeping plenty of mana up to keep my guy alive, and went in with 11 infect on turn 4. Game 2, I got out an Adventuring Gear on turn 1 and a Spellskite on turn 2. He tried throwing everything the could at me, including using Act of Aggression to steal my Spellskite for a turn just so that he could bolt one of my Elfs. I managed to kill him with Inkmoth with an Adventuring Gear on it and fetch lands.

No comments:

Post a Comment